Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do i apply mor power to my forehand but yet still be consistent$$$$?????

I really need do step up my game please helpHow do i apply mor power to my forehand but yet still be consistent$$$$?????
I'm a nationally certified Tennis Instructor and former Top 20 Tennis Player in New England, so I feel particularly well-qualified to answer your question.





To hit your forehand more consistently, and with greater power:





1. Learn to get your full body weight into the shot instead of using just your arm. The fact is that your body weighs 10 times more, and is 10 times stronger than your arm.





2. Lay your wrist fully back during the backswing, and snap your wrist fully forward during the forward swing.How do i apply mor power to my forehand but yet still be consistent$$$$?????
Sorry I don't know about tennis as I am a Roller Skater.
Get to the ball early. Turn side ways. Point your racket back to the fence no further. Put your left foot out front at an angle to the ball. Use your left hand to point at the ball. When the ball gets to the front of your knee hit it and follow through. If you hit it flat you will get more power. Have your racket strung tightly. Pratice the moves in front of the mirror. Watch Jimmy Connors play and see his quickness. Watching him always makes me play better. Remember stepping in to the ball and following through give you the power.
If you are often hitting out when using more power, then you'll have to use more top spin. This can happen if you are not comfortable with high/deep balls and tend to hit flat/late, thus ball going long.


Hitting a well executed top spin will require a lotta knee work (down to up motion created by bending knee). Obviously other aspects will also have to be coherant; footwork, positioning, hitting ball on the rise, body turn, eye on ball, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate