Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My baby ws slepng thru the nite, but now wnt slep 4 mor thn 1hr. Is this a food allergy reaction?

My infant was sleeping from 9p-6a. I introduced applesauce 2 days ago and now she has tiny red spots all over her abdomen and will not sleep for more than an hour (she has had 6 hours of sleep since yesterday evening). Could these be reactions to a food allergy from the apples? Thanks :)My baby ws slepng thru the nite, but now wnt slep 4 mor thn 1hr. Is this a food allergy reaction?
Sounds like. Has she gotten sick before and had to take antibiotics before? Either way, stop solid foods and just give her a bite or two of plain yogurt each day for a while, to build up the digestive activity in her gut. In a month, try a little applesauce again and watch closely. Bananas are also easier to digest, and you might try those here and there while you're waiting the month out.My baby ws slepng thru the nite, but now wnt slep 4 mor thn 1hr. Is this a food allergy reaction?
It could very possibly be an allergy. I would stop with the apple sauce right away. See if it gets better. As long as she is breathing ok, I would wait until Monday and call the MD just in case. If its an allergy, she will feel better soon, the food will pass and her tummy will calm down. I would not introduce anything new for a few days though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate