Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mor-Flo Water heater. How do I turn it off?

I have a Mor-Flo but it's in a closet. It's leaking and water is going everywhere. It's pretty old. At least 25+ years. I can not do much to it because my father is not in the country and will be coming back on the 23rd. I don't want to hire a plumber to come in and take a look because I'm afraid of being ripped off. I don't mind showering in cold water. How do I turn it off? This is really important. Thank you.Mor-Flo Water heater. How do I turn it off?
Look above the heater, and find the pipes as they enter the top of the tank. The cold water inlet is on the right, and there should be a valve there. Turn it off, by turning the handle clockwise. This will stop any more water from entering the tank. Next, get a garden hose, and attach it to the drain located toward the bottom of the tank, and run the hose either outside, or to the bathtub. Open the handle by turning counter-clockwise. Look for the T%26amp;P valve. It is located either on top, or on the upper side of the tank. It has a small lever, you want to pull the lever straight out. This will aid in water draining out of the heater. It will take awhile to drain the water from the tank, but you will notice a significant reduction in pressure as the water drains out. If it is a gas heater, turn off the gas valve, if it is electric, turn off the power to the unit. Good luck!Mor-Flo Water heater. How do I turn it off?
It is gratifying to hear people could use the advice that I give. I am glad everything worked out for you. If you take a measuring tape, and measure the heaters dimensions, you could replace the heater yourself. It is not difficult. Contact me, and I can assist you further. Good luck! Report Abuse

You should go to the local hardware and ask them what they charge to have the water heater replaced and the old one hauled away. Most larger companies like ';True Value'; offer this service subcontracted at a fixed price through a local contractor. Just turning the water and power off to the unit will not keep it from leaking,





There has to be a valve on both the inlet and outlet water lines in order to isolate the water heater. Valves are usually located within a couple of feet in the pipes that come to the water heater On many occasions there is only a valve on one and the water heater cannot be isolated. If you can isolate the heater, make sure that you turn off the power to the unit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate