Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My only 2 year old child prefers his grandnother mor than me?

me and my husband live with his mother , we have a 2 Year old boy and he prefers his grandmother more than me, i don't work i am home all day and i try to play with him but he wants to be with his grandmother only and he allays cries for her and when she holds him he doesn't want to come to me, it hurts more than anything to see that my son prefers her more than me , i try very hard to do things with him but he cries '; I want grandma'; what can I do?My only 2 year old child prefers his grandnother mor than me?
I read it somewhere, probably a magazine ad that the commonality with grandparents and grandkids is the common enemy was the parents. I guess it was meant as a joke but it funny.


What can you do? Stop letting the green eyed monster into your head and go find something (a new hobby) shopping to do why he is happily occupied. Hopefully grandmama does not mind.


Are there not people in your life who you have a likening to and others you just outright love, love, love! Well he just loves, loves, loves his grandma. Be happy! You live there. At least he is not cowering in fear toward her. Now go out and get a life and a parttime job!


Thing to remember is children are a gift from God, they do not owe us anything. They are extentions of life. A continuality. We only have them for alittle while. You can try to cage his mind(by your thinking that he owes you his affections because you gave birth to him and is his mother) but not his soul. As he grows older, you will get the respect you deserve. Right now they take in more affection than they give out and he prefers it from her.My only 2 year old child prefers his grandnother mor than me?
I go through the same thing and have ever since my daughter was a year old. I lived with my mom until my daughter was 11 months old and because of all the complications I had after having her, my mom basically took care of her through the night for the first 2 months. I know exactly what it feels like. I just recently got my daughter to where she doesn't kick, scream, cry, and basically give me total heII when I come to pick her up from over at her nana's house. Then, of course, every other word that comes out of her mouth is about her nana and how she wants to go back over there. It's going to take a little time, but eventually he'll get to where he wants to be with you just as much. Just hang in there. I know circumstances may not allow it, but try to move out of there too, it will make things so much better. At first he might throw temper tantrums because of it, but it won't last too long, and you will be happy once he's done with that.
Move out of your MIL's house.
Well my friends 2 year old is the same way. She only wants her grandpa. She also lived with her parents for a while. I dk what to tell you except eventually she will grow out of it!!
Move into your own house.
Take him out somewhere really special. Let him do what he wants for the day but if he cries for grandma, he can't do what he wants. It really works. (From experience!)
Kids always want grandma at that age. The reason is simple. Grandma knows she is grandma and spoils the tar out of them. She gives in where you might not and she doesn't particularly care to discipline much, or if she does, it's usually different from that which you might use. Your child does love you. He's just at the age where grandma is the coolest. There are ages where you are, and eventually daddy will be the golden idol.





Watch how your mother in law interacts with him. Does she treat him as an equal? Does she load him up with sweets and little gifts? What things does she do with him that you don't? Try joining them in activities.
indulge him it is natural who is to say how long he will have his grandmother I know I always looked forward to seeing my 'mum-mum'; and wish she were still here with me
Get your own place.
  • black hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    unemployment rate